Frequently Asked Questions
1. How do I download the SendSpend application?
You can download the SendSpend application straight off Google Play Store on your mobile device.
2. Can I download SendSpend on my computer?
The SendSpend application can only be downloaded and installed on mobile Android devices such as phones and tablets.
3. What network must I use to register for SendSpend?
You can use any registered mobile network, make sure that when registering that you put in the correct country code before continuing.
4. Can I run my SendSpend application over multiple devices?
Yes, however only one can be logged in at a time. If you try login from another device you will be logged out the previous one you were using.
5. Why am I presented with my name as two other random names when registering for SendSpend?
This is a security question to see whether the ID name and the name you put down for registration match. SendSpend wants to make sure that the application is as secure as possible for your own peace of mind.
6. Can my children register an account on SendSpend using my ID?
No. You must be 16 years or older to use SendSpend and own a valid ID number, you will also not be allowed more than one registration per ID number submitted.
7. How do I register for SendSpend?
When you first register on the SendSpend Application you will be asked to put in your Cell phone number. This must be a registered number.
Once you have received your verification for your number you will need to put in your personal details such as name, last name and create yourself a password.
There will be a field which asks for a registered South African ID or for Foreigners a passport number.
After those details are verified you will need to create a PIN code on your account and take a Selfie for your profile.
Once all information has been put in you will be taken to the home screen where you start off as a Silver Tier customer.
8. What happens if I forget the Password that I registered with?
You can recover your password on the main login screen by selecting “Recover” next to where it states “Forgot your password?” You will need to enter your contact number to receive via SMS a temporary login password.
9. What happens if I forget my PIN number?
The only way to recover your PIN number is by submitting a ticket with the support staff at SendSpend.
10. I have logged in incorrectly too many times and now my account says locked, what do I do?
You will need to contact SendSpend Support for them to unlock your account before being able to login further.
11. Can I still purchase online if I lose my SIM Card?
No. You will need to contact the SendSpend support and follow the procedure to link your new SIM card.
12. Lost PIN
Please contact customer service by phone or email firstname.lastname@example.org a copy of your ID Book/Card or certified copy of your ID for verification. Once your ID has been successfully verified, a SendSpend representative will contact you with further instructions on the recovery of PIN.
Main Landing Page (Home Screen)
13. I have clicked on a few options in my SendSpend Application, how do I get back to the home screen?
If you take a look in the top right-hand corner you will see a little house icon, by clicking this you will be taken directly back to the main landing page (home screen).
14. I sent a request for money through to the wrong contact, is there a way to cancel it?
Yes, you will be able to see requested transactions in the “request pending” tab. Once there you select the pending request and select cancel.
15. I cannot see anywhere it says “logout”
The logout button is located on the main landing page (home screen) on the top right-hand corner of the device.
16. How do I find a transaction I made a week ago, is there some sort of receipt after each transaction?
Yes. You can find a full transaction history by clicking on the currency in your cash summary page.
17. Why is my Cash Balance different to the amount I have in my home currency?
If you have multiple currencies the Cash Balance is a total of all the currencies combined.
18. Where do I access my Money Balances?
Can be found on the home screen to check available money in all currencies if added.
19. Is there a further breakdown of transactions made?
Further Summary Breakdown can be found by clicking on the transaction in your Transaction Summary page.
20. How can I see what tier level I am on my SendSpend application?
You can see your tier level you are currently at by going into your settings and clicking on “Wallet Information”.
21. Where do I find “Settings”?
On the main landing page (home screen) there will be a little cogwheel icon on the top left-hand corner of your screen.
22. Why does it ask me for my PIN code when I want to change anything in my profile?
This is just some added safety because you can change your login password in the personal information tab.
23. Can I buy airtime for my friends and family?
Yes, As long as you know their contact number you can send them airtime or data using your SendSpend Account.
24. What can I purchase via prepaid?
Currently, you can buy Airtime & Data, Electricity and PayTV with more to still come.
25. How do I receive the airtime when I buy it on SendSpend?
It will automatically be sent to the number you purchased it with.
26. Are there any fees when doing a money transfer locally?
this is just some added safety because you can change your login password in the personal information tab.
27. When I try to add a currency I just get a blank screen.
You must be Gold Tier or higher to access adding currencies.
28. How do I delete a currency that I have added?
Only if you have not added or exchanged money into the currency you wish to delete, then you can remove it.
29. I referred a friend but I got no reward, how do I get the reward?
Once your referred friend or family member spends a certain amount online you will receive your reward.
30. How many people can I recruit for rewards?
As many people as you want, just remember they will need to do an online transaction worth a certain amount in order for you to get the reward.
31. What are the rewards?
That will depend on the promotion at that time; the rewards will be subject to change.
32. How long does it take to send money from me to my family in another country?
Instantly, however, you will need to be a Gold Tier user to transact internationally.
33. Who can I send money too?
You can send friends or family money for free domestically, quickly and easily all you need is their contact number. You can also send sent money internationally as long as you are a gold tier and above.
34. If I send a certain amount of money to a friend can I edit the transaction before he accepts?
No. You will need to cancel the request and then redo the transaction.
KYC Tier Users
35. How do I become a Gold Tier User?
You will need to upload your ID documents which can be found in the settings on your application.
36. How do I become a Platinum Tier User?
You will need to add your proof of residence as well as bank account to your SendSpend Account.
37. How much money can I deposit per month?
Silver member – 3000 ZAR Per month
Gold Member – 10000 ZAR per Month
Platinum member – 150000 ZAR per Month
38. How much money can I withdraw per month?
Silver member – Unlimited
Gold member – Unlimited
Platinum member – Unlimited
39. What is the maximum balance I can have in my wallet?
Silver Member – 8000 ZAR
Gold Member – 30000 ZAR
Platinum Member – 150000 ZAR
40. What is the maximum amount I can send / request per month?
Silver Member – Unlimited
Gold Member – Unlimited
Platinum Member – Unlimited
41. What is the maximum amount I can transact online per month?
Silver Member – Unlimited
Gold Member – Unlimited
Platinum Member - Unlimited
42. Where do I get the forms to become an online merchant?
Call or email email@example.com to get the payment plug-in for your shop.
43. What do I need to become an online merchant?
A registration form applied for and filled out from SendSpend as well as the SendSpend API.
44. My phone switched off while I was doing a payment, how do I know if the payment was successful?
When you log back into your phone you will be able to check if the payment went through in your money balances and check the transaction history.
45. My internet dropped when I was doing a send request to a friend, do I need to send another?
You will be able to see all pending money requests or send requests on your main landing page; if it does not appear there then you will need to do the send request again.
46. Can I cancel a pending transaction?
Yes, you will just need to click on the transaction in the pending options on your main landing page (home screen) and once selected click on the cancel option before the requested transaction is completed by the person sent too.
47. What does Pending Authorization mean?
This means that it is currently waiting for the person you sent/requested money has received the request and needs to complete the transaction.
48. Can I view my transaction history offline?
No, You will need to always log in to your account before having access to your transaction history.
49. Can I rotate the orientation of the SendSpend application?
No, the orientation for SendSpend is set to portrait view only.
50. What do I do if I suspect there is a fraud on my account?
Change your login password on your account and contact SendSpend support.
51. Will using the SendSpend application on low battery effect my transactions?
No, however, we recommend making sure you have sufficient battery when doing a deposit or withdraw with an agent as if you miss your appointment there will be a small cancellation fee.
52. Is there a limit to the number of pending transaction requests one user can have?
No there is no limit.
53. What android version does SendSpend work on?
Must be android 6 and higher.
54. Does SendSpend work on all phones?
The SendSpend application will only work on android smartphones.
55. How do I know when a transaction has been completed?
You will receive a notification on your SendSpend application.
56. Can I complete a deposit with an agent with no available data/airtime?
No. You will need to be online to complete the transaction with an agent.
57. How many contacts can I have on my SendSpend account?
There is no limit.